Terms and Conditions
Using the content of the Website
1 Source citation
- The user must cite the source when using the Content. Sources should be cited in the following manner: (Examples of source citation) Source: Website of the Smart Industrial Safety Online AI/IoT Technology Catalog (URL of the
relevant page) Source: XX Solution (Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry of Japan) (URL of the relevant page) (accessed on year/month/day)
- If you have edited the Content for use, you must include a statement expressing that the content has been edited, in addition to the abovementioned source citation. Making public or using edited information in a format that may
be misconstrued as having been created by the Government of Japan (or its ministries and/or agencies) or companies with content is prohibited. (Example of citation when using edited content) Created by editing the XX Solution
(Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry of Japan) (URL of the relevant page)Created by Company YY based on XX Solution (Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry of Japan) (URL of the relevant page)
2 No infringement of third party rights
- In some cases, a third party (refers to a party other than the state. Hereinafter referred to as “Third Party”) may hold copyrights or other rights to a part of the Content. For Content where a Third Party holds copyrights or other rights (e.g. portrait rights in a photograph, publicity rights etc.), it is the responsibility of the user to obtain consent for use from the Third Party unless there is explicit indication that the rights have already been cleared.
- Even if a Third Party holds copyrights to the Content, some use of the Content, such as quoting, may be allowed without the consent of the copyright holder, under the Copyright Act of Japan.
3 Content where use is restricted by specific laws and ordinances
- Use of some Content may be restricted by specific laws and ordinances. Laws and ordinances listed below are particularly important to note. Please refer to the relevant link(s) below for details.
- (a) Restriction when using pictograms based on the Act on Issuance of Certificates of Origin Pursuant to the Economic Partnership Agreement (in Japanese)
- (b) Restriction when using the JIS Mark based on the Industrial Standardization Act Link
- (c) Restriction when using an indication based on the Measurement Act (in Japanese)
- (d)Restriction when using the PSE Mark based on the Consumer Products Safety Act
- (e)Restriction when using the PSC Mark based on the Consumer Products Safety Act (in Japanese)
- (f) Restriction when using an indication based on the High Pressure Gas Safety Act (in Japanese)
- (g)Restriction when using the PSLPG Mark based on the Act on the Securing of Safety and the Optimization of Transaction of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (in Japanese)
- (h)Restriction when using the PSTG Mark based on the Gas Business Act (in Japanese)
- Symbol mark, logo, and character designs which represent an organization or specific business
5 Governing law and jurisdiction
- The state bears absolutely no responsibility for any action taken by the user involving the use of the Content (including use of information based on edited Content).
- Part of the Content is provisionally translated from the original Japanese documents. In case of using the Content, the Ministry of Economy, Trade and industry recommends users to also refer to the original Japanese documents.
- The Content may be modified, moved or deleted without prior notice.
- In principle, users are free to create links to information on the Website (The same shall apply not only to links to the top page but also to those to individual information webpages (individual webpages).) However, this does not apply to information contained on the website where restrictions concerning links are denoted.
- Users should indicate clearly that the link(s) they create are to the “Official Website of the Smart Industrial Safety Online AI/IoT Technology Catalog.” (This does not require prior notification to the Cabinet Secretariat.)
- When a link is created, users are requested to ensure that the link to the Website does not open as a frame within another website.
- A banner image is available as shown below when the METI symbol mark is used for creating a link to the METI website (See Appendix 3 as well. ). However, it is not allowed to be used for any other purposes other than linking to our website.