This is a site that catalogs Japan's Smart Industrial Safety Technologies.
This site explains the significance and application of
data utilization in the field of plant safety in Japan.
How to use this site as
an information collection tool !
- ・Search function
- ・Category listings
- ・Company listings
- ・Solutions page
- ・Document PDF
- ・Chat function
- ・Request function
Please refer to the following for details !
This website introduces the advanced smart industrial safety technologies and services of Japanese companies.
In 2021, the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) and the Thai Ministry of Industry signed a "Memorandum of Cooperation on Strengthening the Smart Industrial Safety System in Thailand". In January 2022, the MOU was also signed with Ministry of Industry (MOI) of the Republic of Indonesia as well. Based on these memorandums, this website has been created with the aim of improving the safety and efficiency of plants in Thailand and Indonesia by taking advantage of AI, IoT, and other technologies.
We hope that you will use this website as a tool to collect useful information for the further development of the industrial safety field in Thailand, Indonesia and ASEAN countries, and for economic cooperation with Japan.
※Reference : METI and Indonesian Government Sign Memorandum of Cooperation in the Field of Smart Industrial Safety
Japan and ASEAN (Thailand)
The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), consisting of 10 Southeast Asian countries, was established by the Bangkok Declaration in 1967. The original five members were Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, the Philippines, and Malaysia, with Brunei joining in 1984. ASEAN celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2017.
Under their own policies, the ASEAN countries have achieved steady economic growth while demonstrating their respective strengths in primary industries such as agriculture, forestry, fisheries, and mining; secondary industries such as electronics, electrical machinery, and automobiles; and tertiary industries such as logistics, finance, and insurance. In recent years, in addition to continuing to develop infrastructure and attract investment, the country has been accelerating efforts to develop the economy in the new era by incorporating the digitalization of industry and the promotion of startups into its growth strategy and fostering next-generation industries.
The global spread of the new coronavirus infection has reminded everyone of the importance and potential of digital technology. Against this backdrop, there is much room for collaboration and cooperation between Japan and ASEAN countries, which have the goal of socio-economic development and problem solving through the social implementation of digital technology.
In ASEAN countries, various equipment industry facilities have been constructed and have been in operation for many years, but there are issues such as aging facilities, and the number of cases of industrial accidents caused by aging facilities is expected to increase in the future. If digital technology can be used to identify the causes of aging equipment and take preventive measures, the problem will not grow any larger. Smart industry safety is becoming increasingly important in promoting such digitalization.
Thailand is facing a declining birthrate and the development of digital industries, and the working population is expected to decrease in the near future. Believing that there is a limit to growth that relies on labor-intensive industries, Thailand is rushing to develop human resources capable of handling high value-added industries on a national scale. The Board of Investment of Thailand (BOI) has launched a preferential investment policy for the development of high-skilled human resources in its "Thailand Plus" attraction project announced in 2019. The aim is to encourage the establishment of specialized training and educational institutions in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) to develop high-skilled human resources.
What is Smart Security
- ❶With the primary focus on ensuring the safety of the public and industry,
- ❷While accurately grasping changes in the economic and social structure, such as rapid technological innovation and digitalization, declining birthrates, aging society, and declining population
- ❸ From the viewpoint of appropriate implementation of industrial safety regulations and promotion and enhancement of competitiveness of industries
- ❹Proactive and challenging efforts by the public and private sectors in the area of industrial safety.
- (ⅰ) Scientific basis based on sufficient information and data, with the aim of making neutral and fair judgments based on such information and data
- (ⅱ) Always pursue safety and efficiency in industrial safety through the introduction of new technologies that enhance safety and efficiency, such as IoT and AI, and through the use of originality and ingenuity in the field and the facilitation of work
- (iii) Continuously promote the enhancement of self-security and productivity in our businesses and workplaces, and
- (iv) Continuously improve regulations and systems,(iv) To create safety and security for the public in the future by constantly reviewing regulations and systems.
Smart Industrial Safety
This is a site that catalogs Japan's Smart Industrial Safety Technologies. This site explains the significance and application of data utilization in the field of plant safety in Japan.
On this site you can find solutions for smart industry safety in the following fields.
We hope you find the solution you are looking for.
Reform of corporate organization to promote transformation to smart
- ・Vision and top management commitment
- ・Construction of a system for human resource development , etc.
- ・Business process transformation
Digitization of information
- ・Data acquisition
- ・Construction and sharing of databases
- ・Information visualization and browsing
On-site work efficiency
- ・Utilization of knowledge database
- ・Remote instruction using xR
- ・Utilization of drones and robots
- ・Remote control of operation and inspection
More sophisticated decision making
- ・From anomaly detection Prevention of accidents
- ・O&M improvement by predictive detection
- ・Automation of operation and inspection
- Supported by :
- Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) Japan
Department of Industrial Works (DIW), Ministry of Industry Thailand
- Organized by :
- The Association for Overseas Technical Cooperation and Sustainable Partnerships (AOTS)
- Cooperation :
- Thailand-Japan Smart Industrial Safety Consortium